Anyone out there intolerant to soy products???
Bath time has always been a favorite in our household however every now and again we have a fighting battle! I have always tried to make sure my daughter has fun in the bath because lets face it, it’s a once or twice a day event…and maybe even three if you had a day like I did the other day! We have had just about everything in the bath! wooden spoons, measuring cups, pots, containers, hairbrushes you name it, it has been in there! I decided it was time for me to get creative! “A milk bottle sprinkler” your toddlers will just love it!
You will be amazed how quickly they figure out what to do with it and how it all works, my daughter loved watching the water filter through the holes at the bottom when I held the bottle up high. Towards the end she started pouring it over herself as if she was in the shower. This idea works just as well in summer outside watering the plants with mum and dad.
This toddler trick is best for older toddlers or those that sit very securely in the bath.
What you need:
- - Empty 2 litre sized plastic milk bottle.
- - Large nail
How to Make and play
- Get an empty 2 Litre milk container, rinse it out with water making sure it is thoroughly clean.
- Get a large nail and with a bit of force and twisting puncture a hole through the bottom of the milk bottle. (repeat this until you have 15 or so holes )
- Unscrew the lid off the top (you can collect the lids as they always come in handy for arts and crafts!)
- Let your toddler fill up the bottle with water when they are in the bath and the water then will come sprinkling out the bottom – you may need to give them a helping hand to get started.
A few more things you should think about:
- Safety is foremost. So never leave your toddler unattended even for a second while they are in the bath…They should always be sitting upright and an approved bath seat could be a good idea.
- Make sure they don’t try too drink out of the bottle and consume too much bath water.