Anyone out there intolerant to soy products???
No time for exercise? Juggling work and family? Looking for some quality time with your toddler? Whether your reading this post as a dad or you are a partner that knows their man can relate to any of those questions, read on! (Mums you can do this too!)
EXERCISING with your toddler is our answer! In a short 30minutes you will have a workout, spend quality time with your toddler and create a better balance in your work and family life!
Kai’a my partner has been in the fitness industry for the past 18 years, as a parent of a toddler he has designed a Toddler Trick’s workout especially for dad’s to do together with their toddler!
This Toddler Trick is perfect for any toddler and those dads that love to exercise!
The Circuit Workout
1. Walk or run with your toddler in the pram to a near by park, ideally one with a swing.
2. You have 3 exercises using your toddler and the park equipment as shown in the video above!
3. You have 3 rounds to complete – each round every exercise decreases in reps.
Having a partner who is a personal trainer and coming from a sporting background growing up has led to our family living a very active lifestyle. Kai’a (my partner) is always coming up with new workout ideas that I can do with our daughter either at home or outdoors so I can get my fitness fix for the day and not go crazy! This is both mine and my daughters favourite workout: “The card workout”.
This toddler trick is perfect for any toddler! Just make sure you keep them in your line of sight at all times if you are outdoors!
You will need:
- - A pack of cards (excluding the jokers)
- - Space to do your exercises (in the lounge, backyard or in a park)
Card values written on a piece of paper (until you commit them to memory):
- Ace : 15 reps
- Picture cards : 10 reps
- Number Cards : reps are equivalent to the number on the card.
4 Suits and 4 Exercises:
- Hearts : Press ups
- Diamonds : Side reach
- Clubs : Squats
- Spades : kneel down, get ups
- Grab your pack of cards (yes all 52 of them!) Shuffle them and pop them facedown in a pile on either a table if your inside or the top of the pram if you are outside (if I leave them on the ground my daughter picks them up within seconds!
- Pick a card up from the top of the pile – have a look to see what exercise you will be doing and number of reps. (it’s good idea to have the exercises written down on a piece of paper to have next to the cards in case you have a baby brain moment and forget what suit is what exercise.)
- Give the card to your toddler to play with once you have looked at it then do the exercise. My daughter loves collecting the cards and a lot of the time joins in.
See how we play the Card Game!