Anyone out there intolerant to soy products???
We all know that painting and eating are two things that toddlers love so when a friend told me about about food painting I knew this was something that I had to try with my daughter and share with you all! With such a simple paint recipe using only milk and food coloring it really is too easy to set up for hours of fun for your toddler! The foods you can paint are endless! I guarantee both you and your toddler will have a blast with this trick!
This toddler trick is perfect for those toddlers who love to paint and eat! =)
What you need:
- - Milk
- - Food Coloring (a variety of colors)
- - Food to paint! I would recommend foods that are white or neutral in color so the paint shows up on them the best!
- - Paint brush/es
- - Containers to put the paints in. Muffin trays are great!
How to make:
1. Start by mixing the paint colors together. Pour the milk into your container first then add 1-2 drops of food coloring. Stir till thoroughly mixed and repeat to make the other colors.
2. Set your toddler up with the paints and the foods you have chosen. They may need a little help getting started so show your toddler first how to paint on the foods. Once they have watched you do a couple of strokes I’m sure they will be eager to grab the paint brush off you and get under way!
3. Let painted food dry then let your toddler eat their art work! They will think it’s very neat that they get to eat it!